Since beginning as meals for United States Special Forces soldiers, Mountain House has grown to account for roughly 70% of all backpacking meals sold in North America according to the Outdoor Industry Association.
If you love telling people about Mountain House and are involved in the great outdoors or emergency preparedness, you have the opportunity to apply to our Affiliate Program. Whether you are looking to fund your next backpacking trip or earn a little extra for a rainy day, you can earn up to 10% on every qualified buyer you send to MountainHouse.com.
We've partnered with AvantLink, the leader in Affiliate Marketing technology, to offer you a robust set of affiliate tools free of charge, and the best support in the business. AvantLink's technology will help you maintain accurate campaign information, and work more efficiently.
Affiliates Can Be
- Forums or Message boards
- A Club or Organization
- YouTube Channel
- Or Other Content Platforms We haven't Thought Of!
- 10% Commission
- 30-Day Cookie Life
- High Average Order Value
- Partnering With The Gold Standard Freeze Dried Food Brand
- Affiliate Manager at Mountain House Headquarters, Not a Third Party Affiliate Management Company
Why Should I Promote Mountain House?
- We have a highly trafficked website with high average order values!
- Promoting Mountain House means you are partnering with the most recognized and reliable brand of camping and emergency preparedness food on the market.
- Our food has the longest proven shelf life in the industry.
- Mountain House has an industry exclusive 30 Year Taste Guarantee!
- Our food is widely recognized as the best tasting camping and emergency preparedness food meals you can buy
- We cook and package all our meals in Albany, Oregon, USA.
How much Money Can I Make?
- That's up to you. Our affiliate program is entirely pay-per-performance. If you create useful, interesting and engaging content on a regular basis, you're more likely to see success.
The ProcessAfter applying to be part of our program, your application will be reviewed by our affiliate team to make sure that it is suitable for an affiliate partnership. To ensure the best possible experience for visitors of MountainHouse.com we are very selective with who we partner with.
Once your application has been approved, you’ll have access to a dashboard filled with ready to use tracking links, including banner ads, text links, and products ads you can use to promote Mountain House. When someone visits our site through one of the affiliate links you’ve posted, you can earn commissions on any purchase they make on MountainHouse.com for 30 days after their initial visit. That generous time allotment means they have time to consume your content, research products on our site, think about it, and then come back to make a purchase.
RulesTo protect our brand integrity and to ensure visitors to our site have the best possible experience, we have a few rules you'll need to follow.
- You can post any content distributed to affiliates through our product data feed. On a limited, case-by-case basis, you may be allowed to use MountainHouse.com copy, images etc. If you are unsure about posting something, please reach out to us. We’re more than happy to answer your questions!
- Your site/content needs to be family-friendly. That means no porn, graphic violence, gratuitous explicit language, supporting violent groups or anything else we would classify as objectionable material. Also no spammers, so no sending unsolicited emails either.
- You can create custom links through the AvantLink Network to any URL on Mountainhouse.com as long as that link is used alongside relevant content. Unfortunately, due to tax laws we are currently unable to accept affiliates based in the following states:
- South Dakota
- We do not allow Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising or any paid social network advertising on our brand name or any MountainHouse.com URL.
- People who break these rules, use deceptive techniques, or techniques we determine harms our customers or our brand will be removed from the program. Please don't do that. It's a bummer for everyone.